Saturday, October 23, 2010

First week home

Being home for the first week was very scary,cool,and overall overwhelming. Thank goodness my was there to help me and my husband. I honestly don't know i would have done without her there. She made sure I had food, the house was kept up, and any questions i had about the baby she was there to answer. I loved it. It's scary when you have never had a kid because all you think about is how you don't want to break them or mess up. I was scared to do everything with liyah, even down to how to give her a sponge bath. I remember the first time i was actually left alone with her. Jason was at work and my mom was heading back home because she hadn't seen her husband in like a week. I actually cried. I was so scared. I had a c-section and couldn't do a lot. I wasn't allowed to even lift anything that is heavier then liyah. I was so nervous that something was going to happen and i wouldn't be able to take care of it. I really acted like i was ok but i was just so terrified. I can't even express how frightened i was. 
Having Liyah caused me to have so much more respect for single mothers. It's hard already when you have a spouse and a mother who helps out so much. I can't even imagine what it would be like doing this on my own. I want to really thank everybody who was there that supported me and help me get through a very new experience in my life. My close friends and family did a amazing job. When that first week was up everything just  kind of came to me. I actually feel really confident in my parenting skills this far. Don't get me wrong I still ask for  tons of advice but i have this little voice in my head that tells me what i should be doing and what i shouldn't be doing.
Since I'm past that first week im more at ease. The fact that im recovered from my c-section also helps a lot. My advice to new mothers or mothers to be.; don't ever feel afraid to ask for help. You honestly can't do everything by yourself and there is nothing wrong with feeling overwhelmed. Some things come naturally and other things are hard to understand its like someone is speaking German to you. Just breathe and know that its ok to make mistakes and that its ok to not actually know what your doing. As long as your doing the best you can and giving your child as much love and attention that your baby needs you should be well off, well hopefully.


First week home




No comments:

Post a Comment