Sunday, October 24, 2010

The great adventure of breastfeeding

So while your pregnant one of the big things you think about, well the big thing that i thought about was whether or not i will breastfeeding. I new that i was trying to go back to work after i had the baby but only part time. I was so torn because I wanted what was best for her so i wanted to breastfeed, but i new that if i bottled fed her it would be easier to go back to work. At the end of the day i went with what was best for the baby by deciding to breastfeed her. My idea was to atleast breastfeed for a month and try to get her use to formula the second month so we would 1) give her the nutrition that she needs for atleast a little bit of time and 2) i would be able to have other people watch her while i went back to work. What i didn't think about was whether or not my daughter would actually follow that plan. I don't know about your guys children or if you even have any but my child loves not going along with what i have planned and shes only three months, who knows whats going to happen when shes older. 
So breastfeeding isn't actually all that bad in my opinion. You seriously give your baby everything she needs in her food and you save so much money. You lose weight at a faster pace because the baby is just taking pretty much everything you eat, just like when you were pregnant. For me it didn't necessarily hurt really it was awkward at first and there was like a little bit of stinging involved but honestly that pain only last for a good week or so and dealing with labor and being pregnant was worse then that pain. The other good part for breastfeeding is at night time its so much easier to stick a boob in your child's mouth rather then getting up and trying to make a bottle. 
If you have the idea of doing half and half,meaning half breast milk half formula let me tell you now its way harder then the books lead you to believe. I tried with Jaliyah and let me tell you, that was not fun one bit. She gave me the worst stinky face i have ever seen in my life.and i have never seen my child scream the way she did when that formula hit her tongue. She was so use to what i was feeding her and i honestly didn't think it would be such a big deal. It was hard for me to try and feed her formula because deep down i new it wasn't any good for her. 
The downside about breastfeeding is trying to do this around company or in public. I'm not even going to lie after you have 20 thousand people in your crouch to help you deliver your child pulling your boob out in front of people doesn't really bother you. The thing that sucks is the people around you or the public. Luckily i have a very supportive family and a good support group so pulling out the boob does not faze them one bit. Its just annoying because people look at you funny if you want to feed your child like your doing something disgusting. It makes me mad. So instead of joying my time out i have to go put myself in the car or stay in a room by myself and its horrible and annoying. Good thing is that Washington state and maybe in other states made a law were you are allowed to breastfeed and nobody can do anything about it. No one can tell you to cover up and no one can kick you out for feeding or make you go to the bathroom or some other odd place.




Basically when its all said and done. Do your researcher and make sure you always try to do whats best for your child. There is always pro's and con's to everything. I can tell you that i love the decision that i made. Me and Liyah have the best bond i could ask for . Yes it takes longer to do things at time but i personally would rather take longer running errands or something along those lines then not try to breastfeed my child and give her the best that i can give her. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong if you can't breastfeed but in my eyes you should try or at least think about trying.






Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment