Friday, March 18, 2011

Cleaning never wins

So i have confession to make. Cleaning is NOT my forte. I had this wonderful idea that because i magically pushed out a baby that i was going to grow this love towards cleaning. I guess i was smoking crack when the idea came about because believe you me that is not the case. BUT i have to admit i have gotten better and for anybody who has the same i thought i would come up with a couple of things to maybe help.

Get containers or a storage unit for pretty much everything. The more divided things are for some reason the easier(at least for me) it is to store things and put them back. It doesn't really matter where you get the items.( Walmart, Target, Walgreens. Anywhere really) You don't have to get the plain ole' white and clear plastic stuff either, stores make them in so many colors now its not even funny.

My next helpful tip: Do small projects at a time. I always have the problem of getting overwhelmed because I always want to take on to many projects. Baby Steps in the key. Small projects and then put yourself on a time limit. Say Your going to clean off this shelf and then give yourself thirty minutes to do so. It's hard at first because you just want to get it all done but you'll start feeling accomplished because things are slowly but surely getting done.

Now this is probably going to sound silly saying because if it was easy everyone would be doing it but putting stuff away as you go. I kid you not it takes more time to leave something on the bed and have to clean it later compared to the 2seconds it will take you to just put it away. Semi on this subject I have learned that when i tend to not put things away right afterwards a great alternative is to do a "final sweep". Believe me that final sweep does wonders. After you have put the baby down just do that quick sweep around the house that will honestly take two minutes before you do anything else. Say you didnt get to the dishes or clean the bathroom completely atleast if some random person drops by the next morning your place doesn't look like a tornado of toys came crashing through your house.

Now mind you half of these idea's aren't completely mine. I had a lot of help from my lovely mother. I did want to share them though(the idea's). As simple as they are they have helped me tremendously. I know i also didn't touch on every subject but i hope i helped out atleast a tiny bit( or gave you a good laugh atleast)
Feel free to leave comments if you have any helpful hints.  

No comments:

Post a Comment