Monday, April 11, 2011

Don't do that please


Now my intention is to not offend anybody when writing this. This is my blog and I am allowed to write what I please. Today I feel like expressing my feelings about my pet peeves when strangers and sometimes even people I know meet my child. Hopefully it isn’t too long of a list.

1.      Try not to touch her hands. I feel like her hands are a magnet or something, because it’s always one of the first things people touch when seeing Jaliyah. I have no idea where your hands have been. I say that in the nicest way say possible by the way. Her hands are constantly in her mouth with the whole teething thing going on, the fact that she is a baby and that is what they do. Why would you want to scare the crap out of me by touching my daughters’ hands, especially when you’re a stranger? Good question right? So hand touching to a minimum. Please and thank you.

2.      Don’t touch the feet when she’s sleep. That’s actually a way to wake them up and 9 times out of 10 you’re not going to the be the person who puts them back to sleep. Plus I think it’s rude. Do you like to randomly be touched while you sleep? Didn’t think so.

3.      She’s not spoiled or a brat because she doesn’t want you to hold her. When you first meet someone, or haven’t been around them tons of time, does it make you spoiled or a brat if it makes you uncomfortable to be around them. I know she’s a cutie and you just want to squeeze her but she’s a human being just like everybody else and is allowed to have feelings. Stop being butt hurt if she doesn’t like you. It happens and eventually she will get over it.

You know I think that might sum it up for the most part. 3 pet peeves isn’t too bad. I think people tend to forget, is that babies are people too. Do you guys have any pet peeves that people do or did to your kids when they were younger? I would love to hear other people’s stories. Even if you’re not a parent, do you have something that irritates you when you see people around other people’s kids? Go ahead and write it in the comment box below on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment